Admissions Policy 2017/2018
Places for the Reception Class will be allocated on the following priority order:
When the number of applications exceeds the Standard Number, places will be allocated in the following order of priority:
- Children who are in public care and children who were previously in public care but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order).
- Children who for social or medical reasons would find our school most suitable for their needs. Priority in this category would be given to those of the Anglican Faith. A letter of evidence of need would be required from a professional practitioner, for example a doctor or social worker
- Children of practicing Anglican parents who worship regularly at St. Bartholomew’s, Wednesbury.
- Baptised Anglican children living within the parish of St. James & St. John.
- Baptised Anglican children who have a brother or sister in the school at the time of admission.
- Any other children who have a brother or sister in the school at the time of admission.
- Children of parents of Christian denominations who worship regularly at their Church/place of worship.
- All other children.
If there are too many applicants in any one category then distance will be used as a tie break clause. The distance will be measured from the main playground gate to the child’s home address.
Worshipping regularly means attending a service on a Sunday or weekday at least once per month. A letter of evidence of attendance would be required from the leader of the place of worship
The Governors reserve the right to only offer a place in school to parents able and willing to support the Christian ethos of the school, including the children’s participation in the regular worshipping life of the school.
The granting of a place in our Nursery does not guarantee a place in the mainstream school.
The Governors have adopted the Local Authority timetables definitions published in their current prospectus of:
- A parent
- Parental responsibility
- Home address
- Method of determining applications on medical grounds (if applicable)
- Procedure for accepting late applications
Click here to download a copy of this policy